At Essentia tattoo studio, we would like to thank you, for choosing us for your piercing experience.
Here’s a few hints and tips to do before, during and after to ensure a smooth piercing procedure.
Any questions or queries, please feel free to get in touch..
BEFORE YOUR PIERCING:
• up your vitamin c and zinc intake, take supplements if necessary. (Proven to increase healing)
• Make sure your well rested and eat a well balanced meal at least 2 hours before.
• No drink/drugs before hand
• Wear comfy, easily adjustable clothing (if piercing is on torso)
• Don’t get pierced if Ill or stressed.
• You may bring a supportive friend.
• Think positive, on end result.
• Draw money out before coming as nearest cash point is short drive away.
DURING YOUR PIERCING:
• Don’t forget to breathe through your procedure.
• Bring a sugary snack and drink.
• Tell your piercer if you feel unwell.
AFTER YOUR PIERCING:
• To reduce infection good hygiene is important, always wash hands before cleaning your
• Avoid fiddling/turning the piercing. A ‘crust’ will form do not pick it- it’s the body’s way of
protecting the piercing. Clean this away when necessary (your aftercare leaflet will advise you
how many times a day that your piercing needs to be cleaned)
• The piercing may bleed a bit after, this is normal. any queries on this matter please get in touch,
via mikes piercing page on Facebook.. ‘Mike Needles price body piercings/tattoos’
• It will be tender, itchy and slight bruised for a few weeks, this is normal.
• If the jewellery feels tight, please don’t hesitate to get in touch ASAP..
SIGNS OF INFECTION:
( if you have any queries, it is always best to get in touch, asap.)
• Red and swollen around the piercing
• Pain when touching the area
• Yellow/green discharge
• High temperature
EMERGENCIES AND TIPS:
• MY PIERCING FELL OUT:
if your piercing is under 12 months you need to see your piercer within 24 hours.. (the longer it’s been pierced the longer it will stay open)
• LOST A BALL:
if this happens, a temporary measure to keep the jewellery in will do until you get a replacement (blue tac over the end)
• Check the balls are tight. (Right is tight, left is lose)
• I HAVE KNOCKED MY PIERCING:
start your cleaning routine again, as if it’s a fresh piercing. If
jewellery gets tight or lump appears please get in touch for assistance.